Saturday, August 13, 2011

Boldness: What Today's American Churches Need

bold(adj)- fearless before danger; self-assured, confident; prominent

  What is boldness?  It's being a Christian, to put it simply, or that's how it should be.  Christians should be bold.  But we're not.  Christians don't pray because it's maybe uncool or not what you do in public.  But this is what the believers did:  "And now, hear their threats, O Lord, and give us, your servants, great boldness in teaching your word."(Acts 4:29)This is what every Christian should do.  Pray for boldness to teach God's Word.  Here's another encouragement about about being bold enough to share your faith: "For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow."(James 1:3)
  To be bold also means not to be ashamed.  In Philippians 1:20, Paul says this:"For I fully expect and hope that i will never be ashamed, but that I will continue to live for Christ, as I have in the past.  And I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ, whether I live or I die."(for further reading, look up Philippians 1:21-26)  We, as Christians, should live life with boldness in preaching God's Word.  This is what so many churches are afraid to do.  Pastors a're afraid that people will leave if they start telling their congregation the things the congregation needs to hear.  I encourage you to live your Christian walk with boldness.  If you do, you will bring much glory and honor to God, and He, in return, will do the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment