Saturday, August 27, 2011

Having a Mission

  I consider myself a person with a lot of time.  Well, let's face it, I do.  But I, like so many others, waste that time chasing our own interests and wants.  We don't even stop to think of what God wants.  He goes past us, beyond us.  We should use the time we have "having a mission".  We, as Christians, can't waste our time on ourselves.  I'm not saying that we can't ever focus on our goals, but we should put, what I call the "Goal of God", past our own goals.  I once heard someone say, "For you and me, today is all we have.  Tomorrow is a mirage that may not become real."
  So, we must take the time we have, and make the most of what God gives us.  He gives us a mission.  It's called the Great Commission(Matthew 28:19-20).Matthew 28:19-20 says,"Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the holy Spirit.  Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you.  And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age." While I say that we shouldn't waste time on just our goals, I also believe we should concentrate on dreams, if we are showing the difference Christ has made in our lives at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment